Carolina Counseling Services:
(click on photo below)
Don't wait! Call 910-485-6336 for an Appointment!!
Carolina Counseling Services contracts with independent professional qualified counselors/therapists that can provide a friendly, safe and relaxed atmosphere to all our clients. Carolina Counseling Services independently contracted therapists assist individuals, couples, families and children with counseling services that will help put your life back on track. These counseling services are also designed to assist active duty and retired military and their families.
Everything CCS is Confidential and Private! We abide by HIPAA laws, by using encrypted tools to protect your medical record and respect your rights in every way.
CCS makes it easy to schedule your appointments. Call: 910-485-6336 to find out how.
URGENT Information that you Need to Know Now
Is Counseling Right for Me??
Should I talk to friends or family about my problems instead of a Counselor? Will they take sides? Do they have my best interest in mind..or the other person's... or their own? Will they tell other people about what I told them and start other problems? Do they have tools needed to even help me?
Friends and family may mean well, but sometimes things get even more complicated when you involve them. Sometimes it is best to resolve issues within yourself or with someone else (or even with your child), by letting an unbiased professional help. We are here for you when you make that decision. Let that decision be TODAY! Call Now! 910-485-6336
Carolina Counseling Services provides a wide range of services, call today to schedule your appointment.
Are you shy and you don't want anyone to know you're seeing a counselor...not to worry, our buildings are not marked as counseling offices.
Work all day and you don't think you have time for counseling? Guess what! Our therapists may be able to schedule YOUR appointment on an evening or weekend
Feeling down and out and the doc can't find anything wrong with you? We can help! Call today and unravel the mystery and get you back on your feet again!
Not everyday is filled with sunshine...if you have more "cloudy" days than not, call CCS today to allow us to help put more sunshine back in your life!
It's easier than you think to start your Counseling today! Hardly anyone needs a Doctor's referral anymore! If your insurance requires one, we will tell you on the phone! Call us at: (910) 485-6336 We can't WAIT to talk with you!
Find the best fit for you! Ensure you and your counselor/therapist can work together by viewing our list of therapist and their specialties. Click on each for more info about that therapist.
Not sure counseling is covered by your Insurance? Call Carolina Counseling Services today to make sure. We will be more than happy to verify your insurance for you!
Carolina Counseling Services provides total confidentiality and privacy. We have relaxing waiting rooms that have music and sound machines to cover up your private conversations with your therapist.
Don't Let these 4 Things Keep You from Getting the Help You Need
The National Institute of Mental Institute reveals that more than a quarter of American adults are suffering from depression, anxiety or another psychological/behavioral problems. Others are experiencing serious emotional issues while some are struggling with relationship conflict, grief over the death of a loved one, substance abuse or other debilitating issues.
Everyone has a story of pain, fear, sadness, or rejection. All of us want relief, a change, control, or treatment. But, you can’t just snap out of what’s draining your energy, hope, and enthusiasm. YOU NEED HELP! It takes courage to admit you need help and it can be frightening to seek help. If you want to feel better you have to take some actions. You can’t be as stubborn as your condition. Recovery takes time and it’s far from impossible if you don’t eliminate all these four negative things that are keeping you from getting the help you need.
• Old Habits: They are familiar bedfellows that are not really serving your best interests. Practices, ideas, and even people can sometimes become blocks to the change you desire for yourself. Leaving your comfort zone and letting go of long-standing situations, thinking patterns and relationships can be scary, radical and painful. This movement is just one process to recovery. You can do it better with a counselor or therapist.
• Negativity: A pessimistic mind frame puts everything on negative spin. Depression has a way of seeing things in a less than perfect structure, inclining you to be hard on yourself when you fail to meet the standard. Optimism will not just dawn on you; you need a trained professional to help you do that.
• Social Perception: Seeing a therapist or getting counseling is sometimes perceived to be negative; it used to carry much more of a stigma than it does now. More people than you know currently go, or have been to therapy! Society has recognized that it is beneficial for people struggling with negative emotions and thoughts to seek professional help. PLUS: remember that there is no requirement for you to tell anyone that you ARE going to therapy. Do it for YOU, not for what others might or might not think of you.
• Relationships: While immediate help and support can be obtained from family and friends, they can also misjudge you. They can possibly be contributing to your current depressive disorder. Someone outside your circle of family and friends who professionally understands your negative thoughts and feelings can help you. Take responsibility for your life and look for professional help.
Help Beyond the Barriers
In today’s world, it’s easy to feel lost or empty amidst an environment that emphasizes superficiality and gives value to anything that provides immediate gratification. Many still search for honesty and intimacy, and sometimes it can be too frustrating. Life becomes dissatisfying, problematic and stressful. Short-term advice may sometimes be enough to regain the course. But, in some cases, it requires more than minor adjustments and behavioral changes.
Psychotherapy can help you navigate all these problems. A therapist can work with you to achieve a transformative experience for resolution of issues and creating a more positive perspective in life.
Help from the Right Source
When you find yourself at a juncture where you need help, Carolina Counseling Services is ready to provide you a supportive environment for effective treatment. Carolina Counseling Services has many objective and non-judgmental counselors who can help. By the time the sessions are complete, you’ll emerge from CCS, not only with problems solved, but equipped with life skills to help you manage future challenges. Call, text, or send an ✉ e-mail to CCS to request an appointment
Confidential / Private Sessions
Carolina Counseling Services contracts independently with Licensed professional counselors/therapists/psychologists who provide a friendly, relaxed atmosphere to everyone. Carolina Counseling Services independently contracted therapists assist individuals, couples, families, and children with counseling services that will help put your life back on track. Working with both non military and military is a joy and the therapist you choose will be happy to assist you whether you are a "civilian", or if you are a dependent or retiree.
Counseling and Therapy are often used interchangeably in our English language. The same is true for Counselor and Therapist. It really doesn't matter which word you use. When you need help, it is best to talk to someone who is not only objective, but who has had lots of experience helping others who have been in similar situations as yourself. A friendly Counselor or Therapist who is trained, licensed and experienced is the one who can assist the most. You don't have to figure it out alone. All independently contracted therapists are licensed, friendly professionals. Call to schedule your appt now!
Can Happiness/Contentment Improve your Physical Health?
Defining happiness is as difficult as the search for it. Happiness is highly sought after by many! Almost always, the feeling of happiness is associated with better health. Studies show that positive outlook resulting from happiness and contentment can effectively help improve your physical health. It appears then that happiness/contentment can directly affect your body positively.
Happiness Affects Your Physical Well-Being
• When you’re in good spirits, there is higher tendency to engage in healthier habits like eating better, exercising regularly, and getting the right amount of sleep. The happier you are, the healthier you become because of your optimism to take care of yourself. For example, when faced with a health crisis, you may exhibit willingness to participate in treatments to recover quickly.
• A deep sense of happiness/contentment can increase your immune system to function more efficiently, and help the body develop stronger antiviral and antibody responses. Possessing positive thoughts lowers your chances of contracting life-threatening diseases.
• Thinking and feeling optimistic sends biochemical reactions through the body, producing endorphins that trigger happy moods. Being happy is a contagious condition that influences others to be happy too.
The benefits of being happy and contented are clearly written on the stone. But, how do you achieve long-term happiness? What are the secrets to a happy life? Can you learn to be happier? Can you learn to more content?
Achieving Happiness with Help from the Experts
Contentment can be a natural state for anyone. Know, however, that it does not just fall on your lap; it’s primarily the result of your life choices, to include your choice of perspective. There is no magical formula to attain happiness in life, but there are ways to discover what can essentially create and sustain your happiness and contentment.
Get started with Carolina Counseling Services. If you need to know how to achieve vibrant well-being why not learn from the professionals? We have a team of caring and objective therapists who will not only journey with you through productive psychotherapy and counseling, they will also teach you a few new skills and techniques to become your “happy best”. Whether you want to rid yourself of self-doubt, conquer depression and fear, overcome grief, recover from a failed relationship, or simply want to be a contented, joyful person, Carolina Counseling Services can guide you to a successful personal transformation.
You can either make a phone call or send message via text or email to schedule an appointment. Contact Carolina Counseling Services now to enjoy healthy body, mind and spirit. This is your first step to find authentic contentment to embrace and accompany you down the road of life.
When Symptoms Cross the Line into Anxiety Disorder
Feeling afraid, wary, or worried is biologically normal in an emergency or stressful situation. However, if you are frequently and strongly anxious when there is no logical reason, you may have an emotional condition called an anxiety disorder.
If your anxiety is accompanied by intrusive negative thoughts to which your brain and body react in unhealthy ways, pay attention. To prevent it from getting worse and further harming your health, relationships, and work/studies, seek help from a professional promptly.
Anxiety: What Is It?
Mental Health America defines anxiety disorders as “illnesses that cause people to feel frightened, distressed and uneasy for no apparent reason.” It is the same emotion that you feel when apprehensive or afraid, but it becomes overwhelming and out of control, radically diminishing productivity and impacting the quality of your life.
NHMI identifies several types of anxiety, including “generalized anxiety disorder, panic disorder, and social anxiety disorder.”
• Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) “is not specific to any one thing but can be about anything and everything.”
• Panic disorder involves panic attacks: sudden crushing feelings of discomfort, dread, or alarm that may make you fear you are having a heart attack.
• Social anxiety disorder or social phobia is the fear of social situations and being with or watched by people.
• Other forms of anxiety include specific phobias, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and separation anxiety disorder.
When to Worry about Anxiety
While feeling anxious occasionally is normal, the symptoms of an anxiety disorder can be very intense, dramatically affecting your day-to-day life. Mild anxiety can be unsettling, but worse cases can be extremely incapacitating. Thus, it is best to seek professional help as soon as you suspect you have the condition.
Knowing the symptoms of anxiety disorder can be helpful, but it isn’t always easy to distinguish from normal reactions. The signs and symptoms can come in many guises and forms. The key is to seek help from an expert as early as possible.
Stay Positive with the Right Help
When you are feeling down, it is normal to run to family and friends, people whom you know genuinely care for you. There is nothing wrong there, but know that they may not be able to provide you with the right help to get over the condition. With the right professional care, anxiety can be treatable.
Call Carolina Counseling Services in Fayetteville, NC, when you suspect your anxiety has crossed the line from normal into a disorder. Don’t wait for your symptoms to get worse: call now to get prompt help.
Our mission is to contract with licensed therapists/psychologists who are client centered/focused, who are caring, friendly and helpful and who are able and willing to help you resolve you/your family issues. We care about ensuring those who need assistance, get it from those who are best qualified to give it. It is our pleasure to assist you in finding the right fit.
For further enquiries, comments or advices, kindly contact us in one of the 4 ways we described on each page of this website.
When you need an expert who can help...contact Carolina Counseling Services.
Evening and Weekend appointments: We have therapists available for appointments from 8am to 8pm Monday through Friday. Some independently contracted therapists have Saturday appointments available if requested.
Serving Areas: Carolina Counseling Services
Counties: Cumberland, Hoke, Harnett, Bladen, Sampson, and Robeson Counties, NC
Areas: Fayetteville NC, Ft Bragg NC, Pope Field NC, Hope Mills NC, Raeford NC, Spring Lake NC, Dunn NC, Spout Springs NC, Rockfish NC, Sliver City NC, Linden, Cedar Creek NC, Bowmore NC, Vander NC, Autryville NC, Parkton NC, Bunnlevel NC, Erwin NC, Dundarrach NC, Broadway NC, Falcon NC, Overhills NC, Anderson Creek NC, Pineview NC, Lumber Bridge, NC, Rex NC, Lemon Springs NC, Johnsonville NC, Olivia NC, Eastover NC, Stedman NC and Wade, NC.
Military Community areas: Linden Oaks NC, Ardennes NC Bataan NC, Casablanca NC, Anzio Acre, NC, Corregidor NC, Bougainville NC, Hammond Hills NC, Nijimegen NC, Cherbourg NC, Normandy NC, Bastogne NC, Pope NC, Ste Mere Eglise NC,
Zip Codes: 28301, 28302, 28303, 28304, 28305, 28306, 28307, 28309, 28311, 28312, 28314
How Do I Set Up my FIRST Appointment?
- Call: (910) 485-6336 (Fastest way to schedule)
- Text: (910) 308-3291 (Reply will be via phone)
- Email: ✉ Verna@ccs.hush.com (You must include your phone number, because replies will only be made by telephone to ensure security/privacy)
- Call or Text for your New Patient Appointment Anytime!
- Appointment scheduling for NEW clients: Mon-Fri 8:30am-5pm
- Established/Standing Appointments are made directly with your therapist!
- Some Therapists schedule appointments Mon-Fri 8am-8pm and Saturdays (if requested)
- Referrals: MOST beneficiaries do NOT need a Referral!
ADMIN OFFICE FOR NEW CLIENT REGISTRATION:
- For your first appt at the Raeford Rd location come to this address:
- 12 Reasons to See a Licensed Therapist First Before a Psychiatrist
- Identifying the 4 Things Keeping You from Getting the Help You Need
- Peace of Mind from Reassurance of Patient/Therapist Confidentiality
- Dependents and Retirees Do Not Need to Call Tricare to get a Referral
- Insurance Coverage for Marriage Counseling
- Overcoming the Symptoms of Depression and Struggles for Caregivers
- Crisis Sometimes Brings Opportunity
- Overwhelm: How to Lift the Weight Off Your Shoulder
- Surviving Emotional Crisis in Marriage
- Eight Symptoms of a Troubled Marriage
- Infertility and Depression: A Potent Mix You Can Avoid with Help
- Infertility Challenges: Facing Emotional Pain with Counseling